How to Repair a TPO Roof
The first step in repairing a TPO roof is having a professional assess the damage level. Then, they can help you choose one of the following options and complete the repair:
- Applying silicone membrane for minor damage: If the water damage is low, the leak may respond well to a silicone membrane. This type of repair can only occur with 25% saturation or less, so it requires a professional inspection to determine if this method will work.
- Making a patch for small perforations: TPO roofs are also heat-weldable, so you can make a metal patch for small repairs.
- Using a roof coating for total protection: A roof coating provides the most effective and efficient fix.
Roof Coating Benefits
The benefits of roof coating are unmatched for TPO roof repair. Advantages include:
- Energy efficiency: Roof coating reflects heat, making the inside of your building cooler overall. This means your cooling system won’t need to work as hard, and you’ll use less energy.
- Economical: Compared to other repair methods or completely replacing your roof, a coating is cost-effective and long-lasting.
- Increased lifespan: With superior protection from weather and other damage, a roof coating can extend the life of your roof. Once you apply a coating to your roof, it can last anywhere from 10 to 20 years.
- Protects against leaks: When a roof has a leak, it can damage the products and equipment you’re trying to protect in your building. A roof coating prevents the forming of perforations and holes that can lead to leaks.
- Easy to install: Compared to other repair methods, a roof coating is quick and easy to install, reducing labor costs and preventing any interruption to your building’s regular operation.
How to Repair a TPO Roof With Roof Coating
One of the benefits of roof coating is how easy it is to apply. Here are the steps we follow:
- Thoroughly cleaning your roof.
- Sealing your roof’s cracks and leaks.
- Spraying or rolling the coating across the whole surface.
Once the process is complete, all you need to do is enjoy the benefits of your roof coating.