If your commercial building uses Thermoplastic Polyolefin (TPO) roofing, you likely enjoy its durability and energy-efficiency. However, leaks and water ponding are especially common on TPO roofs because of their flat structure. When water ponds, it can lead to sagging and considerable water damage down the road. Capital Coating offers roof repair services for situations like ponding and leaks.
How to Repair a TPO Roof
The first step in repairing a TPO roof is having a professional assess the damage level. Then, they can help you choose one of the following options and complete the repair:
- Applying silicone membrane for minor damage: If the water damage is low, the leak may respond well to a silicone membrane. This type of repair can only occur with 25% saturation or less, so it requires a professional inspection to determine if this method will work.
- Making a patch for small perforations: TPO roofs are also heat-weldable, so you can make a metal patch for small repairs.
- Using a roof coating for total protection: A roof coating provides the most effective and efficient fix.
Roof Coating Benefits
The benefits of roof coating are unmatched for TPO roof repair. Advantages include:
- Energy efficiency: Roof coating reflects heat, making the inside of your building cooler overall. This means your cooling system won’t need to work as hard, and you’ll use less energy.
- Economical: Compared to other repair methods or completely replacing your roof, a coating is cost-effective and long-lasting.
- Increased lifespan: With superior protection from weather and other damage, a roof coating can extend the life of your roof. Once you apply a coating to your roof, it can last anywhere from 10 to 20 years.
- Protects against leaks: When a roof has a leak, it can damage the products and equipment you’re trying to protect in your building. A roof coating prevents the forming of perforations and holes that can lead to leaks.
- Easy to install: Compared to other repair methods, a roof coating is quick and easy to install, reducing labor costs and preventing any interruption to your building’s regular operation.
How to Repair a TPO Roof With Roof Coating
One of the benefits of roof coating is how easy it is to apply. Here are the steps we follow:
- Thoroughly cleaning your roof.
- Sealing your roof’s cracks and leaks.
- Spraying or rolling the coating across the whole surface.
Once the process is complete, all you need to do is enjoy the benefits of your roof coating.
Contact Capital Coating for TPO Roof Repair
At Capital Coating, we specialize in roof coating for most roof types, including your commercial building’s TPO roofing. Enjoy roof protection for 10 to 20 years, and when you’re ready for a recoating, we’ll be ready to come back. Request a quote for your TPO roof coating today!