Tar and Gravel Roof Leak Repair Types
While tar and gravel roofs are well-known for their durability, when a leak starts, it can be hard to find and fix because water can travel through the tar. If you have a hole or weak spot letting water into your building, the water may physically end up at another part of the building rather than collecting at the source of the leak.
Options for repairing and caring for your tar and gravel roof include:
- Removing debris: While this may not be a classified repair, it is an excellent practice for your tar and gravel roof. Debris buildup, like tree branches taken down by storms, can lead to water pooling and seepage.
- Priming and patching: This is a standard repair for a lot of roof types. Once you identify the source of the leak, you can prime and add a tar and gravel patch to the area.
- Applying roof coating: Adding a roof coating to your roof can save you from leaks and repairs in the future.
How Can Roof Coating Help Your Roof?
A roof coating is an excellent repair and preventative measure that can help keep your tar and gravel roof from experiencing damage and developing leaks. This is because a roof coating will seal every part of your roof, effectively waterproofing it.
Another typical problem for built-up roofs is the shifting of gravel. A coating will significantly reduce this issue.
Additional benefits of a roof coating include:
- Cost-effectiveness: With the long-term protection of roof coating, your roof will need fewer repairs and less maintenance over time, making it a long-term economic decision.
- Heat reflection: The materials used to make roof coating are heat reflective, meaning your building will be cooler, and you’ll reduce the use of your cooling systems.
Roof Coating Is a Simple Process
To get started on the roof coating process, begin by contacting Capital Coating with your specific service needs. Once we arrive at your building, we coat your roof in three easy steps:
- We’ll clear your roof of any debris or dirt.
- We’ll make any necessary repairs.
- We’ll apply the coating.
The process is quick and easy, and once we’re done, you can enjoy all of the great qualities of your newly coated roof.