EPDM Roof Repair Options
There are few options available for EPDM flat roof repair, and the correct one depends on the type of leak and your intended result:
- For fixing a small perforation: Repair holes on rubber roofing with a patch. You can find kits for making EDPM patches, though there is no guarantee that these repairs will last through all weather conditions.
- For enforcing seams: One of the most significant drawbacks of EPDM roofing is the weak seams. If you need to reinforce them, you can purchase sealant tape. This is already the sealing method in place for a typical rubber roof, though, so replacing the tape is not a firm or permanent solution.
- For long-term protection: The best way to protect your rubber roof overall is by using a roof coating across the entire surface.
Pros of Roof Coating
Roof coating is the most thorough method for repairing and protecting your rubber roof compared to other repair methods. The benefits of this method include:
- Quick to install: The roof coating process involves a simple rolling or spraying of the material onto the roof surface. It takes a short amount of time, so it won’t interrupt your day-to-day operations like other repairs or installations might.
- Heat reflection: Roof coating has the ability to reflect heat, making it energy-efficient — you can keep the inside of your building cooler and use less air conditioning.
- Waterproofing: The protective nature of roof coating keeps water out and helps to prevent the formation of perforations and leaks.
- Extends life of roof: With constant protection at all times, roof coating extends the overall life of your EPDM roof.
3 Steps to Coat Your Rubber Roof
If you’re interested in a coating for your rubber roof, start by contacting Capital Coating. Once we arrive at your site, the steps we follow are:
- Cleaning the roof of dirt, grime and leaves.
- Patching any holes or leaks.
- Rolling or spraying the coating onto the roof surface.
When the process is complete, you can enjoy all the excellent benefits of a coated roof.
Replacement Vs. Coating
- Time consuming tear off
- Old material disposal costs
- Landfill usage fees
- Heavier labor input costs
- Expensive new roofing materials
- No disruptive tear off
- No landfill fees
- Applied directly to existing roof
- Recoat in future for longer life
Roof Coating Process
The roof coating process is simple – just another benefit to rubber roof coatings. In 3 simple steps you will have an energy efficient roof that will look great and function properly for years to come.
- Thoroughly clean the roof and allow to completely dry.
- The coating will be applied.
- Discuss routine maintenance to fully extend the life of the roofing asset.
You now have a worry free commercial rubber roof! Each roof begins with an inspection to see if it qualifies for a roof coating. Call us today at (717) 442-0979 to find out if your roof can benefit from our coating services!
Let’s Protect Your Rubber Roof
Your roof plays an integral part in the success of your building and your business. Let the professional commercial roof coating technicians at Capital Coating, Inc. get you taken care of. Don’t hesitate to contact us for a rubber roof inspection so we can determine your roofs eligibility for a rubber roof coating. Facility owners prefer roof coatings because of their simplicity, durability and cost. We hope to provide this exceptional roofing solution for you.