Metal Roof Repair
Metal Roof Leak Repair Options
There are a variety of causes for leaks in a metal roof, but there are several repair possibilities, such as:
- Replacing worn fasteners: The fasteners on metal roofs are subject to the metal’s expansion and contraction. Over time, this can cause them to loosen or wear out. By replacing any worn out or loosened fasteners, you reduce the risk of leaks, though these pieces are likely to need replacing again.
- Enforcing stack flashings: For HVAC and air vents, some pipes come through your metal roof. The flashings seal those openings and may need reinforcing to prevent leaks.
- Making a patch: For holes or perforations in your metal roof, creating a patch can help. This process is best completed by a professional contractor, however. A patch may expand and contract at a different rate than the rest of the roof, causing further issues later on if it isn’t installed correctly.
- Sealing your entire roof: The best way to repair and protect your metal roof is with a roof coating application.
Why You Should Choose Roof Coating
There is a range of benefits to roof coating that could make your metal roof even better. You can use a roof coating to:
- Protect seams: Roof coating is durable and weatherproof, making it the perfect material for protecting the seams and fasteners of your metal roof from wear. It can even reduce denting from hail or storm debris.
- Reduce energy usage: While your metal roof reflects heat, you would be able to keep that benefit with a roof coating. With the reflection of heat, you keep your building cooler throughout the day and reduce A/C consumption.
- Help the environment: With waterproofing and superior protection, you can make your metal roof last longer and reduce waste.
Roof Coating in 3 Steps
Capital Coating can easily and efficiently apply your roof coating to avoid interrupting your building’s daily operations. The three steps we follow for roof coating are:
- Thoroughly cleaning the roof of dirt and grime.
- Making any necessary repairs.
- Applying the coating.
Once we’ve applied the coating, you can enjoy the advantages and the peace-of-mind that comes with a protected roof.
Metal roof coatings help building owners save money. With their reflective properties they push away harmful UV rays instead of absorbing their heat which can ultimately lower the temperature of your roof up to 60%. Commercial metal roofing units can easily hit temperatures as high as 180 degrees, which in turn makes your A/C unit work overtime to cool your building.
When your roof is professionally treated with a roof coating system by an experienced company, you will quickly see the differences in your utility costs and the overall way your roof performs. Because these metal roof protective coatings last for so long and are much more cost-effective than a total roof replacement, they are a priceless investment that will provide long-term ROI for most businesses.
Replacement or Coating?
In some instances, a roof can be coated as opposed to a total roof replacement. If you have been told that your roof needs to be replaced, let us provide you with a no-cost, no-obligation roof evaluation. We’ll be able to determine if your roof is eligible for a roof coating which can save you time and money, instead of a costly replacement.
Our roof coatings, also known as cool roof systems, are the best way to protect your roofing investment and we hope you will rely on us to provide that service for you. For an economically friendly, cost-saving roofing option, call us today at (717) 442-0979.
Metal roofs have long been the leading choice for commercial and industrial buildings. When compared to other roofing systems, it is easy to see why. With its extensive lifespan and low maintenance requirements, it comes as no surprise.
Even with its long list of advantages it does not mean that they require zero maintenance. Over time, a metal roof is susceptible to the elements or improper installation can cause problems. Without proper preservation, your roof can develop leaks, rust or lifting edges.
Where can leaks develop?
Typically, a metal roof has distinct points where they can develop leaks. Some examples include:
- Ridge Caps
- HVAC attachment points
Basically, any areas of your roof that have been penetrated can leak. These are the first points an experienced technician will inspect if your metal roof is leaking. Even the most minor of leaks can cause expensive, extensive damage.
Some commercial metal roofing units are past the point of repairs. This will happen over time and unfortunately, it is unavoidable. That being said, there is nothing to worry about when Capital Coating, Inc. is on your side. From the very first phone call to the installation of you new metal roof, you will be awarded with our first-rate customer service and our knowledgeable team. There is no need to make roof replacements more complicated than they are.
At Capital Coating, Inc., we stand behind our work 100%. We have faith in our teams and know that our team is the most qualified in the Northeast. If you feel your metal roof could use some attention, please call us at (717) 442-0979.
Coating or Replacement?
In some cases, a metal roof can be saved by a roof coating. Coatings are an excellent way to add years of waterproofing and protection to your existing metal roof. To learn more about our metal roof coatings, click here.
Metal Roof Evaluation
For comprehensive metal roof replacement services, call us today at (717) 442-0979. We would be happy to find the best solution for your commercial roof. At Capital Coating, Inc., we consistently strive to provide honest and reliable roofing opinions and will always suggest the best roofing solutions that will save money and provide peace of mind to all our clients.