EPDM Roof Repair
What Is EPDM Roof Repair?
During a commercial roof repair, our roofing professionals preserve the roof’s original material instead of tearing it up. Restoration often involves reworking seams, flashings and terminations while leaving the membrane in place. Fluid applied membranes and roof coatings play a role in EPDM roof restoration by creating a waterproof barrier over the original material and extending the roof’s lifespan.
At Capital Coating, we have experience using elastomeric, urethane and other coatings to restore flat roofs. These coatings can be sprayed or rolled on over the existing EPDM roof for fast application. To ensure proper adhesion, we typically start EPDM roof restoration projects by thoroughly washing and preparing the surface.
Every roof has different needs, and we take this into account when designing a restoration strategy for your facility. Whether you manage maintenance for a distribution center, restaurant, food processing plant, pharmaceutical manufacturer or another type of facility, we can find a solution to meet your industry requirements.
The Benefits of EPDM Roof Repair
You invest a lot into your roof, so you want to preserve it for as long as possible. EPDM roof restoration makes this possible and provides many benefits, including:
- Lower environmental impact: In a normal roof replacement, you must remove the existing roofing and replace it with new material. When you restore your commercial roof, the roofing can stay on the building. This keeps EPDM out of landfills and reduces the need to manufacture and ship new EPDM around the world, reducing your company’s environmental footprint.
- Faster project completion: Roof restoration takes less time than replacement. The faster you can return your commercial or industrial roof to perfect condition, the sooner your team can get back to work.
- Improved roof performance: Depending on the membrane or coating applied to your EPDM roof, the restoration process can result in a roof with improved performance capabilities. For example, elastomeric roof coatings are water-tight and lower energy bills by reflecting thermal energy.
- Reduced cost: Restoring your roof with a new membrane or coating will cost significantly less than replacing the entire roofing system. This makes restoration a cost-effective solution for roofs that still have a few years left in their lifespan.
Our Commercial Roof Restoration Process
At Capital Coating, our safety-trained roof coating contractors work hard to make restoration simple and convenient. Whether your roof requires minor or substantial work, the restoration process will take place in four stages:
- Inspection: We start by conducting a thorough inspection of your roofing system. This allows us to evaluate your roof’s overall condition and identify problem areas.
- Consultation: After the inspection, one of our team members discusses options for restoration with you. We explain our plan clearly and answer any questions you have.
- Restoration: Once we have agreed on a restoration strategy, we begin work on your roof. We complete restoration projects quickly and plan our work around your schedule to help minimize downtime.
- Quality control: Once we have added a new membrane and coating to your EPDM roof, the project manager conducts a final walkthrough to check for proper work quality and ensure your satisfaction with the final result.