Arrivals & Departures Canopy Restoration at HIA (Harrisburg Airport)
We restored the arrival and departures canopy at the Harrisburg International Airport back to its former glory with PSX epoxy coatings. The old coating was flaking and peeling off the main canopy, leaving spots of rust and a dilapidated visual to travelers. Our goal was to restore the canopy back to a beautiful visual while providing a better and stronger coating than what was on it originally.
- Dealing with strict TSA security standards
- Working around the hustle and bustle of travelers
- Maintaining a safe and clean workplace
- Having to work from a lift for most of the project
- Loose paint containment
Pressure wash, sand, scrape off any loose coatings and apply a primer coat of Amerlock and a final coat of PSX epoxy coating. We cordoned off individual sections while working to allow for mostly normal traffic flow and door availability. In the end the project went smoothly, and we completed it with little interference of normal operations at the airport.
- Visually appealing exterior for travelers
- Protected from further rust degradation
- Long lasting