- Waterproof coatings
- Roof repairs
- Roof installation
- Roof restoration
- Roof inspection
- Spray foam insulation
- And more!
The Commercial Roofing Company You Can Count On
The Commercial Roofing Company You Can Count On
The following are just a few of the benefits Capital Coating offers our valued customers:
- We are fully licensed and insured
- We have 20 years of service records
- We hire certified roofing technicians
- We offer energy-efficient roofing solutions
- We are dedicated to outstanding customer service
No matter what your industrial or commercial roofing needs may be, we have the expertise and top-quality tools to address them and do the job right. Give us a call today at (717) 442-0979!
Flat Roofs In Allentown, PA
As roofing options go, flat roofs are a popular one for various reasons. Like all types of roofs, however, flat roofs are prone to a common set of problems that will eventually necessitate the services of an expert roofer to make things right again.
For expert flat roof repair you can count on in the Allentown, PA area, look no further than Capital Coating! We are dedicated to delivering outstanding workmanship and customer service each and every time.
Flat Roof Pros & Cons
Commercial and industrial building owners choose flat roofs for many reasons. For one thing, flat roofs are a comparatively inexpensive option. Building owners also gain essentially an extra floor of usable space with a flat roof, as flat roofs provide a level space for housing HVAC units, storage facilities, and more. Because it is more easily accessible than a pitched roof, a flat roof also makes it easier to install and service equipment like solar panels and satellite dishes. This easy accessibility further makes it simpler to service the roof and clean gutters.
Balancing out the pros of owning a flat roof are the cons, which include:
- Drainage problems: Flat roofs do not drain as efficiently as pitched roofs, which can lead to ponding water after a storm and eventually cause the breakdown of roofing materials.
- Prone to leaks: Flat roofs are prone to developing leaks, especially along the roof seams.
- Stability issues: Large flat roofs are known to have stability problems, and a flat roof can more readily buckle under the weight of heavy snow or rain accumulation.
Other factors that can lead to flat roof problems include storm damage, UV damage, damage from weathering, age-related issues, loose membrane bonds, straight-line wind damage, and impairment from building movement.
The Solution – Roof Repair
Your flat roof is much more likely to reach its full life expectancy with proper maintenance and repairs provided by an expert roofing company—a company like Capital Coating.
As with so many areas of life, small issues lead to big problems if left unchecked. With a regular inspection and maintenance program, commercial and industrial building owners can ensure their roof remains in tiptop shape. Any developing problems can be promptly identified and quickly addressed while still small and relatively minor. Inspection and maintenance records are also typically required if you have a roof warranty.
Properly performed repairs are crucial for the health of your flat roof. Give Capital Coating a call today at (717) 442-0979 to schedule a roof inspection. One of our expert technicians will assess the condition of your roof, pinpoint any problems, and offer you the very best flat roof repair solutions for addressing them!
Roof Replacement In Allentown, PA
Two of the most dreaded words a commercial building owner can hear are “roof replacement.” Replacing a commercial or industrial roof is a very disruptive process that not only halts your business operations but is extremely expensive.
Since replacing a roof is such a dreaded prospect, it is surprising—and alarming—to learn that, statistically, roofs are replaced prematurely as much as 70-80 percent of the time. That means that in only 20 percent of cases it was truly necessary to fully replace a roof; in all other cases, another option could have effectively—and less expensively—addressed a roof’s problems.
At Capital Coating, we strive to provide our customers with the very best possible service. Because we truly care about our customers, we put their best interests at the very top of our priority list. We know what a disruptive and costly process roof replacement is, and that is why we will only advocate replacement if there truly is no other viable alternative.
For flat roof replacement and other commercial roofing services you can count on in the Allentown, PA, area, give Capital Coating a call today at (717) 442-0979!
An Incredible Alternative – Roof Coating In Allentown, PA
As our name suggests, Capital Coating specializes in high-quality roof coating systems. What is a roof coating system, you ask? It is an outstanding alternative to roof replacement that boasts the following:
- Fully addresses your existing roof’s problems without an expensive and labor-intensive roof tear-off
- ENERGY STAR® certified roofing solution
- Has elastic properties that allow the coating to expand and contract with changing temperatures without causing roof damage
- Reflects heat and UV rays from the sun, helping reduce utility bills
- Adds years of life to an old roof
- Outstanding warranty options available
- Forms a seamless, waterproof barrier over your existing roof
- Low-maintenance roofing solution
- Can stand up to Mother Nature’s worst elements, including hurricane-force winds!
- Strengthens your building structure
- Can be recoated for indefinite life extension
Roof Coating Benefits
Roof coatings are fully adhered, seamless membranes that are applied right over a building’s current roof, and they can be a fantastic option to resolve roof issues and prolong the life of an existing roof without the expense and labor of a full replacement.
Installing a roof coating has many inherent benefits, including:
- Adds years of life to your existing roof.
- Budget-friendly alternative to full roof replacement, saving time and money.
- Elasticity allows coating to expand and contract with changing temperatures without damaging the roof.
- Coating reflects heat and UV rays, helping reduce utility costs.
- Can be recoated to indefinitely extend a roof’s life.
Most commercial roofing substrates are a good candidate for a roof coating, and there are different factors that will determine whether your roof is. Call us today at (717) 442-0979 and one of our Capital Coating expert technicians can schedule a time to come to your property, inspect your roof and let you know if it is eligible for a roof coating.
Fixing All Metal Roof Issues in Allentown, PA
With proper installation and maintenance, your metal roof could protect your building for up to 50 years. They can also stand tall against 140-mph winds! It’s no wonder metal roofs cover about 60 billion square feet of roofing across the country. Although they have some major benefits, like any roof, they’re not a set it and forget it roof system. Rusting is a major issue with metal roofs that promotes leaks, structural weakness, and more.
In addition to rusting, the following may happen to your metal roof:
- Ponding water
- Premature aging
- Premature weathering
- Storm damage
Even minor rusting exposes your metal roof to multiple complications. Call Capital Coating, Inc. at (717) 442-0979 if you notice even a tiny speck of rust on your metal roof. Our certified technicians will conduct a free inspection followed by a metal roof repair estimate for your commercial property in Allentown, PA.
EPDM – A Popular Roofing Choice
Rubber roofs are an ideal roofing system for commercial and industrial buildings as they can last for 50 years and while they do require maintenance like any roof, they are an overall low maintenance roofing system. It is for this reason that you will find it protecting numerous buildings throughout the United States. Like all other roofing substrates, no matter how tough it is, it still requires some upkeep to allow it a long, successful life.
EPDM (or ethylene propylene diene monomer) roofs are a synthetic rubber with 50-year durability and the ability to resist extreme weather, standing water, temperature changes, and cracks. Plus, they are also eco-friendly and lightweight!
Over the years, we have perfected the following rubber roof repair process:
- Inspection: to identify the exact condition of your roof and suggest repair solutions accordingly
- Estimate: presents a detailed report of the required repair solutions to you. This helps you make informed decisions.
- Repairs: after you approve your estimate we will begin repairs. Our roofing personnel are committed to your peace of mind. We will work diligently to minimize disruptions to your facility.
- Quality Control Inspection: by our project manager to affirm all repair work is executed as planned.
- Routine Maintenance: continues the work of repairs. Our team will discuss a customized maintenance plan to keep your roof functioning like new for years.
When it is time for your rubber roof to have a repair in Allentown, PA, call Capital Coating, Inc. at (717) 442-0979. One of our team members will conduct a free roof inspection to determine what repairs are needed for your structure. We will never suggest unnecessary repairs or premature replacement. You can count on us to provide only the best!
Comprehensive Roof Inspections
Do you know what kind of shape your commercial roof is in? Many building owners don’t—and that’s an alarming prospect when you consider the important role a roof plays in protecting your building and its valuable contents.
The first step in gauging the condition of your roof is a roof inspection. Regular inspections are not only vital for keeping your roof in good shape, but they are typically required if you have a roof warranty. Regular inspections performed by an expert roofer will help identify developing roofing problems before they snowball into huge issues, thereby proactively saving building owners a great deal of money and stress in the long run.
For expert commercial roof inspections performed by professionally trained technicians in the Allentown, PA, area, look to the crew at Capital Coating. We can set up a routine inspection and maintenance schedule to keep your roof in tiptop condition for the long haul.
How Often Should My Roof Be Inspected?
Now that we’ve established the importance of roof inspections, the next natural question is “How often do they need to be performed?” In general, your commercial or industrial roof should be inspected at least two times per year—once prior to the worst weather season in your area and once again after that season ends. A roof should also be inspected after a severe weather event or other happening, like a tornado or an earthquake, to make sure your roof didn’t sustain any damage.
The pre- and post-season inspections are important for a few reasons. The first is that a roofing contractor can identify areas of weakness on the roof and reinforce these areas before extreme weather hits.
Having an inspection performed prior to the harshest weather setting in also documents the condition your roof was in before the season started. This becomes crucial in the event of an insurance claim that needs to be made due to storm damage or other seasonal maladies. The oldest insurance trick in the book is claiming damage was preexisting. If you have documented proof that it wasn’t, you’re much more likely to succeed in getting your insurance company to cover any damages sustained due to weather or other events.
If you have a roof warranty, moreover, regular inspections are generally required. What’s more, proper repairs—performed to code by an expert—are also typically mandated under your warranty terms. Improperly performed repairs and failure to have regular roof inspections can nullify your warranty.
Roof Inspection Process
Our systematic, detailed roof inspections form the basis of our roof maintenance program. Our goal, first and foremost, is to prevent any issues from occurring in the first place. We do that by regularly examining your roof and taking care of any issues that could contribute to future roof damage. Some of the most common things we take care of on a regular basis include the following:
- Careful examination of structures or equipment that may become loose, including bolts, rivets, and HVAC equipment
- Inspection of roofing material, especially along areas susceptible to leaking – seams, in between layers, etc.
- Evaluation of valleys, dips, and low points in the roof that are at risk of ponding water
- Investigation of roof movement, especially in roof membranes that are prone to shrinking, warping, bubbling, etc.
- Thorough check for debris (trash, organic matter such as leaves) accumulation on roof and in drains, rain gutters and removal of said debris
- Evaluation of rooftop components for proper functioning – chimneys, vents, pipes, skylights, etc.
Roof Leak Repair
By the time you notice your roof has a leak, it’s usually been there, silently and swiftly (or sometimes slowly, over weeks or months) soaking your roofing material, saturating your insulation, and creating a breeding ground for mold and mildew. The experts at Capital Coating, Inc. have been dealing with leak detection and repair for more than 20 years and are Eastern Pennsylvania’s number one choice for commercial roof repair – large or small.
Call us today at (717) 442-0979 to learn more about our leak detection services and get your roof on the road to dry, watertight, effective performance again.
Common Causes Of Roof Leaks
There are several common situations and environmental factors that contribute to a leaky commercial roof:
- Cracked flashing – Metal flashing is often sealed together with tar, which can wear away or deteriorate over time, leaving your flashing exposed to the elements and susceptible to corrosion and cracking, creating an entry point for water when it rains.
- Torn or punctured membranes – Membranes that are torn, cracked, punctured or blisters are prime points for water to enter.
- Compromised bootings – Bootings are rubber pieces that slip over roof vents or pipes to provide and extra layer of waterproofing or protection. Just like any material, rubber that is exposed to the extreme temperature fluctuations and the sun’s rays day in and day out can weather, crack, and deteriorate over time, leaving your roof vulnerable to moisture and precipitation.
- Improperly installed structures – Skylights or other rooftop structures that were improperly installed and sealed or have rotting or decaying insulation around the edges are common entry points for leaks.
- Ice dams – During the cold months, water can pool at the roof’s edge and freeze, keeping melting snow from properly draining, straining the roof with excess weight and damaging roofing material via sitting water.
- Improper ventilation – When a roof or attic is not properly vented, allowing fresh air to circulate, condensation can buildup, encouraging mold and mildew to grow
- Excessive foot traffic – Not all commercial roofs are created equal. Some materials are more susceptible to puncturing, tearing, or ripping under pressure. That is why we at Capital Coating, Inc. recommend only venturing out onto your commercial roof when absolutely necessary, or, better yet, only allowing a trained professional with the proper equipment to do so.
- Clogged drains – Like the ice dams, mentioned above, clogged drains due to accumulated debris such as leaves, dirt, and deteriorating shingles can keep water from draining off the roof, causing it to strain under the weight of standing water and creating more opportunities for moisture to seep through the roofing material.
The Capital Coating, Inc. Difference
At Capital Coating, Inc. we understand that customer care and quality workmanship go hand in hand. That is why we set ourselves apart with both. We steadily consider each client’s needs and find the ideal competitively priced solution.
As part of our full lineup of commercial roofing services, Capital Coating, Inc. offers customizable, ongoing roof maintenance plans. Our roof maintenance programs include regular professional, comprehensive roof inspections that help our clients catch and address small problems before they become big, expensive headaches. Should your roof need repairs, you can rest easy, knowing that the company that does your inspection is also equipped to handle any type of roofing repair, big or small.
We are a company built on quality workmanship, honesty, consistency, and commitment to customers. We hope to form lasting relationships with all of our clients, and we focus on serving them with world-class customer service and high performance products. If you are a building owner or property manager in the Allentown, PA, area, call on our company at (717) 442-0979 . We have a solid reputation throughout the industry and will take care of your roof for the long haul.