A properly installed and maintained roofing system will protect your commercial or industrial facility for a long time. However, all roofing materials eventually degrade as they become exposed to the elements and other sources of damage. Even highly durable metal roofs can develop rust and leaks around seams, ridge caps, flashing and other vulnerable spots.
High-quality repairs can often resolve minor roof leaks. If your commercial roof has reached the end of its lifespan or consistently failed to meet your performance expectations, you may consider reaching out to a roof replacement contractor like Capital Coating. With years of experience serving clients in a range of industries, we are prepared to assist with metal roof replacement, flat roof replacement and more. Our knowledgeable team will guide you through the entire process to ensure you receive the best possible roof replacement for your building’s needs.
When replacing your facility’s roof, you want to choose a roofing system that will withstand tough conditions and protect your business’s assets for years to come. At Capital Coating, we offer a number of long-term roofing solutions to choose from. These roof replacement options are affordable and low-maintenance.
Every building has unique needs, and your roof’s style may dictate which roofing material will provide the most benefits. For example, if you want to replace a flat roof, you could select a material like modified bitumen, PVC, TPO, built-up roofing or EPDM, a rubber roofing material valued for its durability. If you don’t know what type of roofing system will meet your requirements, we will happily help you evaluate the options.
The two primary roof replacement options we offer are:
- Single-ply roofing: Single-ply roofing is a flat, polymer-based material that creates a waterproof membrane over a facility’s roof. Lightweight and flexible, single-ply roofing provides an ideal solution for flat roofs. Many single-ply materials can be fully or partially recycled as well. Examples of this type of roofing include EPDM, PVC, TPO, TPE and PIB.
- Spray foam roofing: Also known as spray polyurethane foam, spray foam roofing offers an economical roof replacement solution. This spray-on material conforms to all roof shapes, provides high chemical resistance and insulates the roof to help boost energy efficiency. The roof coating contractors at Capital Coating can install a new spray foam roof or repair blistered sections of an old roof using a process called scarfing.
Questions to Ask Before Replacing Your Commercial Roof
Roof replacement involves a significant investment of time and resources. You want to carefully evaluate your roof’s needs and your business’s priorities before committing. Here are four questions facility managers should ask before starting a roof replacement project.
- Does the roof need to be replaced? In some cases, you may be able to repair leaks and other damage by applying a roof coating instead of replacing the entire structure. This can be a cost-effective and environmentally friendly solution. At Capital Coating, we will inspect your existing roof thoroughly and help you decide between roof replacement and repair.
- How did the previous roof perform? If the building’s existing roof has performed poorly, you may decide to switch to a different roofing material.
- What properties does the roof need? Does the roof need chemical resistance or rust inhibitors? Does it need to be UV stable? Must it have low or zero VOCs? Once you know the answers to these questions, you can choose an appropriate roof coating or fluid applied membrane.
- How soon do I need a new roof? A total roof replacement can take a long time, while a roof coating can be applied directly to the existing roof following a quick cleaning. Both options have benefits, but if you choose total roof replacement, you should expect the process to take some time.
Contact Capital Coating Today
At Capital Coating, our safety-trained and insured roof replacement contractors work hard to make the replacement process simple and straightforward. To help minimize downtime and protect your business’s assets, we complete work quickly and follow all rules and guidelines while on site. We also conduct our work around your schedule, which means you can plan for interruptions to occur when they have the least impact on your business. Once we have replaced your roof, we will inspect the final result carefully to ensure proper work quality and your satisfaction.
Over the years, we have built strong relationships with commercial and industrial clients across Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Maryland. To request roof replacement for your facility, call 717-442-0979 or fill out our contact form today.