Hail storms can cause billions of dollars of damage to commercial and residential property annually. Formed during thunderstorms, hailstones vary in size, with some large enough to dent or even pierce through a roof. Damage from a hail storm can lead to leaks and other serious issues with a commercial roof, so it’s a good idea to schedule a professional inspection after a bad hail storm or other severe weather events.
During a commercial roof inspection, Capital Coating will look for both large and small signs of roof damage. During a typical inspection, our team will:
- Evaluate the overall status of the roof and its components
- Inspect caps, ridges and drip edges
- Inspect the water drainage system and look for signs of drainage problems
- Look for signs that the roofing asset may be moving
- Check features like metal roof flashings
- Search for cracks and other concerns
Benefits of Commercial Roof Inspection
Commercial roof inspection by the trained and experienced professionals at Capital Coating can help you maintain compliance with industry requirements, document your roof’s history for potential insurance claims and limit your business’s liability.
Inspections can also help lower your overall roof ownership costs by bringing small issues to your attention early, before they can develop into serious structural problems. When combined with preventive maintenance and appropriate repairs, this can extend the roof’s functional lifespan.