Single-ply roofing is a time-tested option for commercial and industrial buildings. At Capital Coating, Inc., we’ve been installing, inspecting, repairing, and restoring single-ply roofs in the Dundalk, MD, area and surrounding communities for 20+ years.
There are many types of single-ply membrane roofing, and choosing the one that fits your needs and your budget is something we can help you with. At Capital Coating, we are all about taking care of our customers with world-class service, from friendly, helpful and courteous staff to skilled workmen. Call us today at (717) 442-0979 to access our decades of knowledge and experience and learn more about the affordable, quality solutions we offer.
More On Single-Ply Roofing
Single-ply roofing membranes fall into two main categories – thermoplastic and thermoset. The first is a material that can be heated up multiple times to soften and reshape before hardening again when cooled. Thermoset, on the other hand, can only be heated once; once cooled, it takes on its permanent and irreversible hardened shape.
There are three main types of single-ply roofing:
- TPO (Thermoplastic Polyolefin)
- PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride)
- EPDM (Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer) or rubber
Each of these roofing membranes contains layers, which increase their durability and reinforce them. Each can be installed in a variety of ways, including fully adhered (via adhesive), mechanically adhered (via screws), or ballasted. While PVC roofs have been in use for decades, and remain a popular choice among commercial building owners and property managers, EPDM is probably the most installed single-ply roofing of choice due to its comparative affordability and durability. However, TPO is considered the highest quality choice among the three.
Benefits Of Single-Ply Roofing
As with any other roofing material, single-ply roofing has its own unique list of benefits. At Capital Coating, Inc., we make it our business to educate clients on the pros and cons of each choice to help them make the best decision possible. Some of single-ply roofing’s benefits include the following:
- History – Single-ply roofing has been in use for more than six decades. It has a proven track record of success.
- Versatile – Single-ply roofing doesn’t include insulation, so clients can choose from the following to insulate their building: Polyisocyanurate, expanded Polystyrene, and extruded Polystyrene.
- Lightweight – Single-ply roofing comes in a variety of thicknesses, so you can control how much weight your roof structure has to support.
- Ease – Unlike some types of roofing, installing single-ply roofing is relatively easy.
If you are a building owner or property manager looking for more information on single-ply roofing for commercial buildings in Dundalk, MD, or the surrounding areas, give Capital Coating, Inc. a call at (717) 442-0979. We’d love to work with you.